Web Software Engineer
At Desquared, we join forces with brilliant teams and together we create the most beloved digital products. We are collaborating with leading Institutions and pioneering Startups; we admire their vision and contribution to society and we help them do what they do well, even better.
How we do that? We blend the Craft of Lean Design with the Science of Agile Development in order to create the most amazing User Experiences. We seek to attract and maintain the best talent, and help them them evolve even more.
Wanna grow and shake up the digital world with us?
About the Role
As a Desquared Web Software Engineer you will:
- Design and build advanced Front End applications for the Web.
- Maintain existing applications and implement new features.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and adopt new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Be involved in product development, understand the specifics of each industry and how to develop a better UX.
Essential to have
To qualify for this role, you’ll have to meet the following criteria:
- Degree in computer science, digital technology, mathematics, physics, or similar -- or comparable experience.
- Ability to rapidly acquire new software skills and to work with new technologies.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and learning ability.
- Appreciate great design and thrive in a creative environment.
- Military obligations for male candidates must be fulfilled.
- Proven literacy in English.
Nice to have
If you also meet any of the following, even better:
- 3 years software development experience using source control systems such as Git.
- Experience with at least one of Webpack, Grunt, Gulp.
- Experience with one of Less, SCSS or Stylus.
- Some exposure with technologies like Node.js or similar.
- Experience working on small to medium‐sized agile teams.
- Experience with commonly used 3rd party libraries and services.
- Experience with task planning and estimating effort.
What’s in it for you
Working at Desquared ensures you will have fun with a young team of experts and:
- Work with some of the largest and most prestigious Institutions.
- Get to work on the latest and greatest in the banking and telecommunications sectors.
- Bring Innovation and great experience in the everyday lives of millions.
- Enjoy a very competitive salary.
- Enjoy one of the best views in the city, in our Athens Tower offices.
All Applications are treated as confidential.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!